Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're Having a Heat Wave . . .

. . . a tropical heat wave. I love summer vacation! Unfortunately, it corresponds with summer heat and this year has been one of the hottest. I have run out of indoor things to do with little boys. Here's what we did to try to pass some time this weekend.
I thought maybe if we went and looked at Halloween things it would make the cool weather come faster. This store also had the Christmas decorations out but I just wasn't ready for that yet.
JD LOVES all kinds of spooky things. I tried to buy one of these cool skeletons to decorate our car with for the trunk of treat event at church. George talked me out of it. He convinced me that not all of the small children would think they were fun. Some might actually be SCARED by it.
We also went to our local farm supply store. JD contemplated which dog treat to get for LuLu. This display had lots of snouts and ears to choose from. This is also one of George's customers. He works on the machinery that shrink wraps these yummy treats.
The baby chicks were also interesting and only cost $2.25 each. Now that is a pet we can afford. I don't think you can potty train a chicken though so we had to pass.
The only outdoor activity we do these days involves the pool. Last night we watched a movie by the pool after some swim time. JD had a front row seat for Madagascar 2.

1 comment:

Chad Can Plan said...

Heat waves are fun if you find creative ways to stay cool. And air conditioning.