Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Campout

In the past I have made a serious "no camping" vow. THEN - my boy joined cub scouts and I had to rethink my position. It's been a long showerless weekend for our family and the boys of pack 535.
Boys in a tree - that could be the theme of the weekend. This very climbable tree was in our campsite and I don't think I ever looked up when there wasn't at least one boy in it.

Our tent was roomy and kept out the sprinkles of rain that we had off and on all weekend. The overcast sky make the weekend cool and comfortable.

The trail through the back of the site led to the lake. We have had so little rain that the lake was way down and quite a hike. In a normal year our site would have been lakeside.


The good news - our campsite was close to the restroom facilities. The bad news - THIS was the restroom facilities.

The boys played badminton.

The pack went to a lecture on snakes with some hands on time at the end.

Bluebonnets were still going strong.


Cactuses were in bloom. Although a bit primative for my taste the campsite was beautiful. We were three tired puppies when we got home Sunday.

No comments: