Friday, July 6, 2012

JD the Pioneer

 JD helped me fix dinner last night (yes - another cub scout activity).  I taught him the most important lesson any cook can learn - how to open a can of beans.
 This is the dinner we ended up with - king ranch chicken, beans, salad and cookies for dessert.  YUM YUM!
 Another local attraction that I had never been to was Pioneer Farm.  We headed there early this morning trying to beat the heat.  It's an impossible task these days.  There was a cute little general store.
 I'm not sure why I took this picture but I just liked the way the red windmill looked against the very blue sky.
 JD got to pet some animals -- these donkeys were his favorites.  We talked about the donkeys a little before he asked, "mom, are we donkeys or elephants?"  OH MY -- only the son of a government teacher would come up with that kind of a question.  We are donkeys!  But don't ask your father - he thinks he's an elephant.
 There was an Indian encampment complete with tepees.
We hiked the circle around the farm and saw several old pioneer style homes.  This barn even had a barn cat that JD thought was part of the fun.

No comments: