Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Break

When I asked JD what he wanted to do for spring break this was the first thing on his list. "I WANT TO GO TO THE DINOSAUR MUSEUM."
 We've been to this museum so many times I think I've taken pictures of everything in it.  I could provide proof as to how much fun little boys think it is.
 Nothing  beats comparing yourself to a Chimp.  AHHH - I can see the resemblance.  If our state legislature has their way, this may be the only way we'll be able to learn about Charles Darwin.  JD has no problem seeing himself as one evolutionary step up from monkeys -- sometimes I think he may be one step DOWN!  It depends on when you are making the comparison.
 Dad took a day off and went with us to visit LBJ's ranch.
 Here is LBJ's boyhood home.  Since Ladybird's death a couple years ago they have opened up the "Texas White House" so you can go inside.  Unfortunately, they don't allow pictures inside.  DARN
 LBJ's plane - he called it Air Force one half.
The ranch is still a WORKING ranch.  We got up close and personal with some of the livestock.  They have marked all the cattle just in case you were thinking about trying to sneak off with one when a ranger wasn't looking.

No comments: