Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day and Beyond

The cub scouts always end the year with a huge water balloon fight.  I didn't get very good pictures because I was trying to stay out of the line of fire.
 The scouts bring ice chests FULL of water balloons which they then throw at one another.  The gentleman in the front of this picture is our long suffering den leader Jorge.
 After the fight the cleanup begins.  It looks like JD got his fair share of hits.
 Thanks to Uncle Keith for finding the skylander that everyone here was sold out of.  There must be fewer little boys on the hunt in his small Mississippi town than in Austin.
 We did have one Memorial Day appropriate activity.  We cleaned off the headstones at the cemetery and took flowers to Grandma and Grandpa.
One funny story (at George's expense).  When he gets a blog he can tell funny stories about me!  He was helping me unpack my grocery sacks from Wal-mart and wondered what I planned on cooking with these skewers.  It's time to start working on my Christmas presents.  I don't know what I'll be "cooking" but will probably involve these knitting needles and that ball of yarn beside them.

No comments: