Sunday, August 17, 2014

Great Wolf Lodge

We were lucky to be able to spend a few days at JD's favorite place - Great Wolf Lodge.
 Our Dallas vacation days always includes a meal with the knights of the round table at Medieval Times.  The falcon is always JD's favorite part of the show.  It is pretty impressive to think that you can train a bird to hunt.
 Legoland is another place that never gets old.  I thought for sure JD would think he was too big for this place but - NO - I think he just enjoyed it all the more.
In addition to swimming we played the Magiquest game.  JD had great success doing this last year with Marci and the cousins.  This year we tried the new Shadow Quest.  The game involves a "magic wand" with a computer chip in it and a series of clues that direct you around the hotel to "collect" various items.   We needed Marci's energetic stair climbing!  JD told me SEVERAL times that I didn't play the game nearly as well as she did.  To compensate for my lack of enthusiasm for runing up and down all those stairs I got JD this cute wizard outfit to wear while he quested.  We got hung up one afternoon and spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME searching for the slow blinking red crystal.  This clue stalled us for so long that we didn't finish our quest before it was time to check out and go home.  I guess that means we'll have to go back again next summer.  Marci - how about it?  Are you willing to be the Master Magi again?

1 comment:

Marci said...

we are in! Thanks for being so sweet and overselling my awesomeness when it comes to MagiQuest. I'll spend this year at the gym practicing my stair climbing so I have a better chance of keeping with the children.