Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day

After spending the morning watching the Handy Manny marathon and doing chores I was afraid I wouldn't have anything to show for my day off. When I sat down to look at the paper at lunch I read that a Barack Obama store had opened in town and decided I HAD to go. Apparently LOTS and LOTS of other people also HAD to go because it was PACKED!!! JD was not happy about the situation and I forgot my camera so I couldn't document it. There was a news crew filming while we were there. Here is a link to the story.

http://www.kvue.com/video/local-index.html?nvid=323183

After buying my new Obama poster I had to make a trip to the teacher store to have it laminated. JD is crazy about skeletons. Anytime we go into a book store and find an anatomy book he wants to look at the pictures. He was such a good sport about the Obama store I figured he earned an educational poster. Maybe he'll be the next Doogie Houser MD.

2 comments:

Marci said...

your child is brilliant! all rachel wants is another fairy wand so she can continue sprinkling fairy dust throughout the land.

happy obama day to you. its like christmas all over again!

wannabe_doctor said...

hey,
its awesome tht JD has interest in anatomy books. I hope u do keep bloggin abt him esp. until he finishes colg so tht we all know if he did become a med student. ((I know it'll be a bit hard to do but i really hope you would do :D))
Tc and have a lovely time.
Cheerz