Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ike For President

The student teacher I had last semester forced me into the 21st century. I now have a projector hooked up to my computer so that I can do power points at school. I've been a little obsessed with turning my notes into power points. Once I get started I have to keep hunting until I find just the right pictures and examples to go with my lectures. I have been working on propaganda this week and was trying to figure out how to use this commercial. (FYI - it is supposed to be the first TV commercial for a Presidential candidate you can find it at www.livingroomcandidate.org.) JD saw it and decided it was funny and wanted to watch it again -- and again -- and again -- and again --- He went to school this morning singing "Ike for President." I hope he doesn't need therapy when he gets older!!!

4 comments:

Corrine said...

that is too fnny! and power point is amazing.

driding22 said...

The 1956 Presidential election is the fist I can remember. I was 9 years old and saw a lot of "I Like Ike" buttons. We lived in Hawaii and all TV shows and national commericals had to be flown from the mainland to Hawaii and aired later. That same year Don Larson pitched a perfect game in the World Series. In Hawaii the game was shown long after it had ended and everyone knew the results before it started.

Anyway, I probably saw that first commercial, but the tape had to be flown Hawaii. The same was true of the Presidential victory celebration. In Hawaii we always knew what had happened long before it was on TV.

Don

Marci said...

did you know that we live about 45 minutes away from Ike's library? I bet JD would LOVE it!

Ruth said...

WOW -- we have to come visit now!!