Saturday, December 4, 2010

JD Loves Science

In his after school Voyager class JD has been learning about animals. Last week they talked about anacondas and then each child made several segments that were taped together so they could see how long the snake was. YIKES - I hope I never see one of these guys.
Today was science day at the Texas History Museum. JD and dad made a space ship. The goal was to have a ship that the astronaut (aka cotton ball) didn't fall out of.
Astronaut food didn't look very yummy.
As we were leaving JD wanted his picture taken by the "lonely" star. I know we have lots of pictures like this, but how can you turn down a picture request like that?

1 comment:

driding22 said...

Anacondas are my favorite snake. While on a mission in Brazil in the 1960s I haeard many stories about anacondas, and also could could have bought a 10 to 12 foot snake skin at many stores. Those were the small fries. Some claimed to have seen 40 foot snakes, but that is doubtful. However, I did talk to a man that claimed he and a 2 friends were hunting in the jungle and saw an anaconda so big they were afraid to leave their cabin for 3 days.

Don