Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mini Vacation

I decided our family needed a mini vacation this week. We took Lulu to Petsmart (JD says that's where sad, lonely dogs get dropped off while their people go on vacation) and away we went.
I was a little surprised when JD came to the door with his hands full of dinosaurs and announced, "I'm ready to go." I guess plastic dinos need a vacation too.
Our first stop was the Witte museum to see the giant bug exhibit. JD wasn't too sure about this huge tarantula. We had to do the exhibit a second time before he was convinced it was safe.
You can't visit San Antonio without a stop at the Alamo. What interested JD more was the wax museum across the street.
He posed with his favorite star.
Normally, you eat Mexican food on the riverwalk. That is --- unless you have a 5 year old boy who sees the sign for the rainforest cafe first. We got to sit right by the gorilla who shook the tree and made threatening sounds every 15 minutes or so.
JD and his pet T-rex enjoyed the view from our room. Mostly it was a view of the neighboring building's room. JD still thought it was fun to look out over the whole city.
After all that fun there was nothing left to do but hug your new toys and fall asleep going home.

1 comment:

driding22 said...

The view from your hotel room doesn't show off the better part of San Antonio. It reminded me of my stay at the Blue Bonnet Hotel 42years ago about December 28, 1968 when I enlisted in the Army and waited to be transported to Fort Bliss in El Paso for basic training.

I hope the room was better than the view.

Don