Friday, March 11, 2011

Kindergarten Rodeo

Today was Kindergarten rodeo.
All the little buckaroos gathered at morning assembly to learn about how the tradition of rodeos began.
Everyone had a "horse" that they corralled as they rode from station to station. JD's horse was actually a bull. Anyone can ride a horse but it takes a real man to ride a bull.
JD's class listened to instructions and learned that the bollo tie is the official tie of Texas.
He wore his new tie with pride.
The next station was the chuck wagon. JD was served beans and cornbread which he said weren't NEARLY as good as the beans I make. What a boy!!
After the chuck wagon station my time slot as a volunteer was up. I looked at my watch and realized school had just BARELY started at Bowie. I had a sub for my first and second periods but I was ready to head back to high school. Five year olds are EXHAUSTING in comparison to my Seniors. Once again - I don't know how kindergarten teachers do this all day every day.

1 comment: