Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rodeo Rumble

WARNING WARNING --- lots of pictures to follow.
Today was our favorite rodeo event - The Rodeo Rumble. JD and George lined up . . .
. . . and ran the race.
THEY WON!!! We didn't want to burst JD's 5 year old bubble when he REALLY thought he won.
The Rodeo mascot was there to greet all the winners.
You always have to ride a horse at the rodeo. JD made sure he kept one hand in the air like a real cowboy riding a bucking bronco.
The petting zoo was fun. This lama got a little friendly with me. I guess I was the only tall person with food. JD had his food cup stolen by a deer. Notice the deer has it on his nose trying to get every last drop.
The lama got a little out of control. I almost lost my hat.
JD got up close and personal with a longhorn.
After all that action a corn dog was just want the doctor ordered. OK - maybe not the doctor since it was fried in artery clogging grease. It was tasty.
JD had to test drive a couple ATVs.
We couldn't go past the jumping station without giving it a try. When the lady running it asked him if he wanted to go higher he squealed in delight and said YES! It would have made me throw up, but he loved it.
My parents would have never spent money on carnival rides, but I just couldn't help it. JD wanted to ride the carousel. . .
. . . and the motorcycles. . .
. . . and the helicopter . . .
. . . and the caveman train.
Our last stop was the Dell tent. JD watched a cartoon in 3-D. What a funky city we live in. You can buy a computer and a John Deere tractor at the same event.

No comments: