Friday, April 22, 2011

Catching up

I have been really lazy about posting our adventures. This is the time of year when I feel completely worn out at the end of the school day. Students who are charming in August are EVIL 30 days before graduation. Let me catch you up.
JD's class is doing a Flat Stanley project. We are excited to see where our out of state family will take Flat Stanley. I also sent one to our Congressman. I'm a Government teacher - I can't help it. We'll see if he responds.

Dodge ball day at school adds to the silliness. Part of the fun is that each team creates their own uniform and wears it to school on the day of the tournament. Our good friend Noah was on the Oak Park House Wives team. It takes a brave man to wear pink shorts to school.

My student teacher Jamie has been fun to work with this semester. I was SO SAD to say goodbye to her at the end of this week. I'm convinced teaching really is a two person job.

Good Friday is GREAT Friday when there is no school. This is our new friend Logan (he's 9 by the way). He went with us to the Imax 3d. We love really big 3d.

Gatti Town never gets old. We always ride the Frog Hopper. JD and Logan are just 3 years apart in age but you would never know it by looking at the two of them.

The bumper cars are serious business.

This cotton candy machine was new. We were lucky not to be in Dad's truck. He would have never allowed this sticky pink stuff in.

No comments: