Sunday, October 7, 2012

Roars and Snores

JD and the cub pack had a roars and snores weekend at the San Antonio Zoo.  Since the program only allowed limited participants each scout was only allowed one parent.  JD picked George so this is my second hand, hearsay account of the weekend.
The evening presentation included snakes -- of course -- what else would you show a bunch of little boys. 
 There was also this chance to pet a baby armadillo.  A flashlight tour of the zoo must have been spooky.  So spooky that they were afraid to take pictures.
After a night of very little sleep - or at least that was the report I got from dad - the boys got to explore the zoo again.
 Having the zoo all to yourself must be nice.  They were able to be there at a time when it was closed to the public.
After a train ride the boys headed home.  What did I do while they were gone?  I tried to take a picture of myself trying on shoes at Nordstroms but I never could quite capture the joy of the evening.

No comments: