Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

We met Grandpa at the Cinco de Mayo festivities this morning. For all my readers who are not Texans (if there are any), Cinco de Mayo is quite an interesting cultural experience. This particular festival is combined with a menudo cook off. It's too bad that this isn't a scratch and sniff blogg so you could appreciate the unique smells of menudo cooking. JD and I wandered around and took TONS of pictures so you could get a real feel for today's fun.
We found this lovely senorita in front of one of the booths. JD was just a little afraid to get too close to her for some reason.
We thought this made an interesting picture. The Tequila Shot Menudo booth was flying a big Texas and Mexico flag right next to the Alamo
These elementary school girls were dancing inside the civic center. There were representatives from every elemenary school in town dancing Mexican Folk dances.
This was the crowd paying close attention to the dancers.
JD drove the green truck at the carnival.
He shook hands with the State Farm bear but wasn't too sure about getting his picture taken with the bear.
We ran around and played. I say WE because I had to keep up with the boy. I could not resist taking of picture of this sign. It's a good thing this is posted because I ALMOST tied my horse to the fence. WHEW - that was a close call.
Finally the menudo was ready and Hermanas Menudo served to the hungry crowd.
This was George's cup. Menudo is an acquired taste and thankfully I haven't been expected to acquire it. When I'm offered menudo I just say no thank you and everyone seems to understand without thinking I'm being rude.

1 comment:

Marci said...

thanks for making me smile! give jd a huge hug from us!